Friday 11 March 2011

The Surfers Life

I promised that this blog was going to be about surfing and I think I have been led astray a bit lately. Most of my posts seem to mention decorating at one point or another and I have a horroible feeling its going to be mentioned again today.

Finally finished the laundry room that I started a whole month ago just as I had returned from Bali (and that seems like light years away) and the flats are, in general, coming along nicely. The main consequence of all this decorating is that I am missing out on a few surfs here and there. From the sounds of it Porthmeor was firing this morning but from the forecast I reckon Gwithian is going to have some nice little waves tomorrow. Can't wait as I have just forked out a few quid for a new DHD Project 15. My nemesis (every surfer has a nemesis - another surfer who can by their very presence guarantee a lousy surf. They don't have to do anything, they don't have to say anything, they just have to be within a mile or so. Just a glimpse of their car as they check the surf is sometimes all it takes) got one a few months ago and was raving about it so I felt I should fight fire with fire  Since I handed over my wallet to Trevorua at DTL it has either been flat or completely off its grid but tomorrow could be the day. Fingers crossed, it'll be a flyer.
Below is a bit of info on the board and some Aussie geezer surfing one. I doubt I will be surfing it like that but if Slater can get a world title at 40 yrs then there is hope for me yet.
Not much though, obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment