Sunday 20 November 2011

Junior Surf Club Continues


For the first time that I can remember the waves and weather have ensured that we have been able to continue with our Junior Surf Club right up in to November. Normally by early winter the beach is being demolished by colossal  storm swells and the chance of taking a lesson out is very slim indeed.

This year however, unseasonably warm (it was snowing this time last year) weather and good quality groundswells have meant its been perfectly safe to continue doing lessons. Even the sea temperature hasn't dropped off the scale yet. This is the first year that you can still surf in a summer suit in November. I still haven't even put on my wetsuit boots yet and I usually dust them off in October.
Long may it continue. I just hope we don't pay for it with a diabolical cold snap or a lousy summer.

1 comment:

  1. Outstanding - and thanks for keeping the Junior club open for a "frostbite" series.
    Guy's Dad

    ReplyDelete