Sunday 2 October 2011

England have achieved a creditable fourth position in the European Surfing Championships and for the first time in a while have a European Champion. Sarah Beardmore smashed the opposition in a fantastic display at Bundoran (Donegal, Ireland) this afternoon and is one of those rare moments that I can proudly say 'I was there when...' Good on you.

Stokesy put in a spirited performance in the Open and got a third place finish and Ben Howarth got second in the Longboards. I feel genuinely stoked to have somehow got in this team, so much quality in every division and all of my team mates were top blokes (and ladies) too.
As for me I got sixth overall. In the end I couldn't quite get into the final which was the goal I set myself. Can't have everything my own way I guess.
Tonight its time for a little celebration however. I've been in Ireland for ten days and haven't touched a drop of the black stuff. Thats all gonna change in about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment